Шеклер на сајму

Голија - Рудно

Здравље и рекреација

НАГРАДА

Почетна Манастири и цркве

postheadericon MONASTERIES AND CHURCHES

 

 

STUDENICA MONASTERY



Stefan Nemanja, the Father of Serbia and the founder of the Nemanjic dynasty, founded Studenica Monastery in 1190 and dedicated it to the Assumption of Virgin Mary. The legend says that, while he was hunting along the Studenica River close to the place where it empties into the Ibar River, the grand county ruler Stefan Nemanja and his escort stopped to rest. Delighted by the nature and guided by the Providence, he decided to build a church dedicated to Virgin Mary. The original combination of Byzantine space, structure and the exterior shapes and their realization in white marble, which had originated from Romanesque architecture, makes Studenica Monastery a master-piece of medieval architecture. The frescoes were painted mostly thanks to Saint Sava, but the name of the Greek painter, author of 12 monumental compositions, was not recorded. The unknown Greek invented a completely new technique: he used fresco painting to imitate mosaic style by painting little mosaic squares on pasted golden leaves. These frescoes, master-pieces of Byzantine fresco painting, have marked the development of Serbian medieval art.
The famous Crucifix and the portraits of the saints at the altar make Studenica a unique monastery. The majority of the frescoes, painted in the 16th century, are the representative works of the period. It is less known that the first Serbian hospital was established in the monastery. Eight kilometers away is Saint Sava’s ascetic cell, built in a rock.
The remains of Stefan Nemanja (Saint Simon), his wife, Anastasia, the nun, and his sons Vukan and Stefan I, were buried in the Church of Virgin Mary in Studenica. Many generations of believers have been coming to their graves as well as many good people from around the world. They have been coming to admire all what this Serbian royal laura presents in the history of Europe’s and world’s civilization. With its churches, dining rooms and towers Studenica has kept its original function. Being proclaimed a first class legally protected monument, it was registered as a UNESCO World Heritage site in 1986.

GRADAC MONASTERY



Gradac monastery is situated on the wooded slopes of Mt. Golija, built in late XIII century, on the ruins of an earlier church as an endowment of Queen Jelena Anzujska /Helen Anjou/, the wife of king Uros I. that resulted in the gothic architectural influence. In the template there is marble sarcophagus where the St. queen is buried. The fresco decoration of the interior is considerably damaged but the endower's composition is still visible and the original iconostasis is preserved in primary edition. Gradac Monastery is nowdays functioning as a nunnery and in its glorious beauty represents one of the most attractive medieval Serb cultural and historical monuments and spiritual centers.


PRIDVORICA CHURCH


Pridvorica Monastery is located in the village of Pridvorica, 20 km to the south-west from Ivanjica towards Studenica Monastery. Pridvorica Monastery is surrounded with intact nature of Studenica River. Pridvorica Monastery was built in the 12th century in the same period when nearby Studenica Monastery was founded. Pridvorica Monastery is endowment of the servant who served to the Great Duke Stefan Nemanja and the Court of Nemanjich Dinasty and it got its name after the servant of the court /pri dvoru/.
By the construction of its structure Pridvorica Monastery is the typical example of Raska Medieval architectural School. Pridvorica Monastery was first mentioned in the Chrisobyll of Stefan Nemanjic granted to Studenica Monastery as the sacral place with nuns. Frescoes of Pridvorica church are damaged.
At the beginning Pridvorica Monastery was the nunnery and the patron church during its history. From 2007 it was again stated the Monastery with the Prior monk and two novices. The Church of Pridvorica Monastery is dedicated to the Holy Transfiguration and is one of the rare amongst the Serbian Monasteries that have its own coat-of-arm.


NOVA PAVLICA MONASTERY



Nova Pavlica Monastery was built by the heroic Brothers of Musić Family killed in the Battle on Kosovo Field. Musić Brothers were sons of Musa, the great Duke of Ibar District and nephews of Prince Lazar whose mother Dragana was sister of Prince Lazar, married to Duke Musa. Nova Pavlica Monastery was probably constructed and fresco-painted from 1383 until 1386 just before the tragic Kosovo Battle in 1389 on the place where ore /especially silver/ was dug from the ancient times, about 2 km south-east from the town of Brvenik. Nova Pavlica Monastery together with the Stara Pavlica Monastery belonged to the Medieval District of Brvenik fortification on Ibar River. Nova Pavlica Monastery is trefoil structure of inscribed cross with the cupola standing on four slim pillars that dominates the church. The Church was built from the stone and afterwards plastered. On the western side of Nova Pavlica Monastery priprata there is the high bell-tower.
Although fresco painting of Nova Pavlica Monastery has kind of provincial influence they are considered of high quality. Frescoes are preserved only in the central part of the Nova Pavlica church in its lower zones. The most impressive frescoes of Nova Pavlica Monastery representing Music Brothers are well preserved as well as some portraits of saints in the southern choir. Nova Pavlica Monastery is dedicated to the Entrance of Theotokos into the Temple.


CHURCHES


Near the center of Rudno you can visit two old churches :St.Nicolas church has been founded in 9th century and it is 1.5km from the Šekler household.

The church Svete Trojice is also in the village,in the middle of the picturesque plateau landscape.


 

Контакт и резервације

Бели багрем

Зашто сеоски туризам

Манастири и цркве